Ask Andi

Psychic and Metaphysical Advice for Everyday Life!

Welcome to my blog! Where sometimes the unexplainable, may become explained!

Celebrate Ostara


Ostara (also Eostara, Eostre) or the Spring/Vernal Equinox is celebrated when night and day are in perfect balance. That is, they are the same amount of hours. At this time we are inviting the fertility of the Earth to awaken. So, it is also signifying the first day of Spring!!! Though after looking at weather.com the last couple days, it seems there's still plenty of snow for some of you! But, this is a time of fertility and new beginnings! Now is the time to begin those projects that you will nurture for the next few months to blossom and grow!

Of course gardening is something that comes to mind straight away and I will always bless my seeds that I will be using for the upcoming season. I also bless any plants that are around that they will continue to be prosperous in their growth! Now I will also say that I used to be one of those people that thought, "Oh give the plant it's water and light and it'll be all good.".. well, this is somewhat true. A lot of plants are extremely durable. But this is a time you can start learning more about your plants too. Some plants need acidic soil; like blueberries, azaleas, rhododendrons, and hydrangeas; while others do better in alkaline soil; which are most veggies, fruits, and flowers. Here is a great article called Acid or Alkaline? What pH means in gardenspeak that really puts it in a nice perspective! pH testers are available at many retailers. I picked mine up at a major retail chain for $7. My small point is that by better learning what your plants are needing; the more you provide to them, the more they will provide to you! :)

Since this is also a time of new beginnings, this can also be a time you can "clean" some karma. Take account of any injustices or misgivings you have done to family, friends, etc.. Write these down and through out the next few months until Beltane, seek to balance through apologies, paying back any past due loans, or any other injustices you can think of. When May comes along, you will burn the list in your Beltane fire celebrating the karmic "rights" you have accomplished! :) This is one reason for the picture I used.. My Name Is Earl was a GREAT show! I still try to catch re-runs when I can!

Because we are also celebrating the time of the sun bringing us more warmth, what better way to celebrate than to have a party. Bring the warmth of friendship into your home and create some lasting memories!! Besides, buying or making new clothes at this time is also a way to be celebrating.. see, you really do need that new dress for the party you're going to throw now!!

There are many ways to celebrate! If you need any help personalizing your spiritual path, feel free to send me a message at my email or facebook.

May you have a Blessed Ostara!

0 comments: