Ask Andi

Psychic and Metaphysical Advice for Everyday Life!

Welcome to my blog! Where sometimes the unexplainable, may become explained!

New Year's Resolutions & The Law of Attraction


It's that time again!!! WOW, where did the year go?! It definitely seems like for me that the last 2 years have gone by so quickly... but that's what having babies does to you! And then before ya know it you're working on their schoolwork! Let me tell ya I'm sooo looking forward to my daughter hitting the teen years this coming year! LOL!

So here we are with making our resolutions for the upcoming year. And will we fall flat with some of them? Of course! Two of the biggest resolutions that get made are to lose weight and quit smoking. Both exceptionally tough to maintain! But does that mean that we've failed? Absolutely not! Every day we wake up, and actually every moment, we're given the chance to make a change!

The Law of Attraction WORKS. But it's also something that can be misunderstood. Mostly because a lot of people are under the assumption that manifesting comes about simply by wanting it, but it really comes about by LIVING it and by being grateful. Let's take the example of wanting more money. By receiving more money there can be a false security that it'll bring more happiness. Maybe you can buy more things, but maybe the debt will also end up increasing as well... and then you're left at the same place that you were at when you had LESS money! It really is true that money can't buy happiness! Just as losing weight won't make you happier either.. the focus on one "imperfection" just end up switching over to another. Coming to a point in life where you're able to be grateful for what IS, makes for a more peaceful life. Accomplishments seem to come about easier and are more cherished when there isn't the stress to succeed! When the stress becomes a factor, the focus becomes off balance and we either desire MORE or we just give up and start the cycle all over again.

Do I encourage making resolutions? Absolutely! If you look up the word resolution, one of the definitions is; the mental state or quality of being resolved or resolute; firmness of purpose. It really is the conscious choice of making a change! But we all know change can be tough! I look at resolutions as a way to reaffirm what we just haven't been able to achieve.. YET! But as long as we keep working at them, they'll happen when they're supposed to.. NOT when we think they should or try to force them to come about! I am all for organizing and making lists. In fact, I'd like to share this great blog planner for anyone else that might need it from Confessions of a Homeschooler. You can bet that I've been putting it to good use today while I've been manifesting during this Full Moon! I know I keep saying that I'm going to try blogging more and keep falling short... but this time, I'm really hoping to make it stick!!

I hope everyone has had a happy holiday season and is looking forward to the blessings the New Year will bring! If you'd like me to take a look at what you can expect for 2013, please send me a message at facebook or my email and I'll be glad to help with a reading!

Be safe and BE BLESSED!
Andi


0 comments: